Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hét WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privé berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privé berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

Soldaat krijgt na 90 jaar eerherstel

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
chinchi

BerichtGeplaatst: 15 Aug 2006 21:16    Onderwerp: Soldaat krijgt na 90 jaar eerherstel Reageer met quote

Britse 'lafaard' krijgt na 90 jaar eerherstel
15 augustus 2006, 21:34 (@home)

LONDEN (ANP) - De Britse soldaat Harry Farr, die in 1916 op 25-jarige leeftijd werd geëxecuteerd wegens lafheid, krijgt postuum alsnog eerherstel. Dit heeft zijn 93-jarige dochter dinsdag na een lange procedure met het ministerie van Defensie in Londen laten weten.

Farr was in 1915 vijf maanden behandeld wegens shellshock, een oorlogsneurose van militairen die niet tegen de herrie van inslaande granaten konden. Toen hij na de behandeling weigerde naar het front terug te keren, werd hij gefusilleerd.

Tijdens de Eerste Wereldoorlog werden 306 militairen uit Groot-Brittannië en het Gemenebest geëxecuteerd wegens lafheid. Sinds de jaren '90 wordt aangenomen dat mensen met shellshock lijden onder een posttraumatisch stresssyndroom (PTTS).
-----------------

beter laat dan nooit
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht MSN Messenger
Hauptmann

BerichtGeplaatst: 15 Aug 2006 21:48    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Dus toch gelukt, we volgen dit verhaal al een tijdje. Dankjewel chinchi Smile

http://www.forumeerstewereldoorlog.nl/viewtopic.php?t=4164
http://www.forumeerstewereldoorlog.nl/viewtopic.php?t=2090
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht
Mark

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 Aug 2006 8:24    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Quote:
The victim of a war beyond modern day comprehension
By Ben Fenton

(Filed: 16/08/2006)

For a coward, Harry Farr had been in the thickest of thick fighting.

Today, we struggle to imagine the hardships of a few months spent in Iraq or Afghanistan, but 90 years ago the privations of trench warfare and the constant threat of sudden death from high explosives or a sniper's bullet dogged the lives of infantrymen for year after year.

Then there was the "Big Push". The scale and coldness of human sacrifice involved in a First World War trench assault outranks anything we can conceive in modern warfare, and Pte Farr had been through two of the worst before the Somme began.

Harry Farr saw some of the worst fighting of the First World War

Pte Farr, a bright young man from north Kensington, London, enlisted in the regular Army in 1908 at the age of 17. He served four years and then went on the reserve list.

In 1914, he was enrolled in the 2nd Btn, West Yorkshire Regt and by November found himself flung into battle to hold back the German assault on France.

The British Expeditionary Force stemmed the tide, entrenched itself and was, by Christmas 1914, starting to contemplate attack.

Pte Farr's comrades formed part of 23rd Brigade, 8th Division, 1st Army. They stood in the forefront of the Battle of Neuve Chappelle, the BEF's first offensive, which began on March 10, 1916.

In a barrage lasting a mere 35 minutes, British artillery fired more ammunition than during the entire four years of the Boer War.

A contemporary diary recorded what the battlefield was like: "The deluge shattered trenches like sandcastles and so close were the Germans to our lines that frightful fragments of once living men came back on us amid a welter of earth, dust and green fumes."

In three days of fighting, four British divisions lost 11,500 men, killed, missing or wounded, a quarter of their starting strength, for almost no return. Pte Farr was one of hundreds whose mental world was severely undermined by the impact of all those guns and the sheer terror of the new theatre of war.

But there was more to come.

His court martial records show that he first went off sick with "shell shock" on May 9, 1915, immediately after the Battle of Aubers Ridge, in which his battalion also took part, although there is no detailed account of their experience there.

Aubers Ridge cost another 11,000 men, of which Pte Farr's 8th Div contributed the largest share, 4,852.

Until the first day of the Somme, Aubers Ridge was the British Army's tidemark of military catastrophe.

Even Sir Douglas, later Earl, Haig, not noted for his pessimism about losses, recorded in his diary that it had been a shocking day.

Pte Farr was not available for duty until the following October, but was still in the area of the Somme on that awful July 1, 1916.

In September of the same year, he finally lost his nerve irretrievably.

Barracked by the regimental sergeant-major, he was unable to explain why he could not bring himself to return to the fighting front from the support lines.

Pte Farr was arrested, kept under close guard and within two weeks was fighting for his life before a hurriedly assembled tribunal of three officers - a lieutenant-colonel, a captain and a lieutenant.

The only defence he could raise was whatever his jumbled mind could conjure up. He had no legal representation. As his family saw it, although the vicious battles of the First World War did not physically scar Pte Farr, they certainly scared him, and curt military justice did not permit men merely to be afraid.

His mental state was not properly investigated, his relatives say, and the normal process of clemency for those who suffered the condition, and which saved the lives of 89 per cent of those 3,000 who received a capital sentence, was ignored.

This was probably because, at the time, the Battle of the Somme was heading for its ignoble place in British military history and there was little mood among the top brass for showing mercy.

Remarkably, most of those shot in the 1914-18 war were volunteer soldiers rather than conscripts and, perhaps unsurprisingly considering what was happening in their homeland, Irish soldiers were shot with proportionately more frequency than those of other regiments.

Among other principles of justice, the presumption of innocence was paid no more than lip service by many British courts martial. Other armies, even the mutiny-racked French, shot far fewer soldiers than the British. Not one Australian or American was put before a firing squad for what were called "battlefield crimes".

As for Pte Farr, the chaplain who witnessed his dawn execution said the 25-year-old refused to wear a blindfold and went to his death with his dignity wholly intact.

Some believe that the British Army was far more likely to shoot a working class man than an officer, and broadly speaking, this was true.

But it should be noted that, a few days after Pte Farr's death in a cold execution yard, Haig approved the sentence of 2nd Lt Eric Poole for desertion. United in death with dishonour, both men now stand on the threshold of a small and belated resurrection.

Bron: Telegarph.co.uk
Merlijn

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 Aug 2006 8:27    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Naar boven
Mark

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 Aug 2006 8:42    Onderwerp: Hundreds of soldiers shot for 'cowardice' to be pardoned Reageer met quote

Quote:
Hundreds of soldiers shot for 'cowardice' to be pardoned
By Geneviève Roberts
Published: 16 August 2006

Pte Harry Farr, shot for cowardice during the First World War, is to be granted a pardon posthumously. His pardon came as Des Browne, Minister of Defence, said all 306 soldiers executed during the First World War for cowardice and military offences would be issued a group pardon.

Mr Browne said that the Armed Forces Bill will be amended . "Although this is a historical matter, I am conscious of how the families of these men feel today. They have had to endure a stigma for decades. That makes this a moral issue too, and having reviewed it, I believe it is appropriate to seek a statutory pardon," he said.

Pte Farr's family have fought for 14 years to clear his name, arguing that the soldier, from Kensington in London, who was 25 years old when he was executed for refusing to fight, had shell shock.

His daughter, Gertrude Harris, aged 93, said: "I am so relieved that this ordeal is now over and I can be content knowing that my father's memory is intact. I have always argued that my father's refusal to rejoin the front line, described in the court martial as resulting from cowardice, was in fact the result of shell shock, and I believe that many other soldiers suffered from this, not just my father. I hope that others now who had brave relatives who were shot by their own side will now get the pardons they equally deserve."

Pte Farr, from the 1st Battalion, the West Yorkshire Regiment, died on 16 October 1916, one of 306 British and Commonwealth soldiers executed for cowardice during the First World War. He served in France for two years, fighting at Neuve-Chappelle. His battalion was shelled repeatedly, and he collapsed with the shakes in May 1915.

He was briefly evacuated to Boulogne suffering shell shock, but after returning to the front line and surviving the Battle of the Somme, where 420,000 British soldiers died in battle, he refused to go over the top, saying: "I just cannot go on."

Medical evidence, both at and after the court martial, showed he was treated several times due to being "sick with nerves" and suffering " shell shock". His descendants have argued that his eventual refusal to return to the front was a direct result of the mental stress caused by warfare.

After Pte Farr's execution, an Army chaplain's message to his widow, Gertie Batstone, read: "A finer soldier never lived". He told the family Pte Farr had refused a blindfold when he was shot.

Because of his supposed "cowardice", his military pension was stopped and Ms Batstone was forced out of their house.

Representing Mrs Harris, John Dickinson, from law firm Irwin Mitchell, said: "This rightly acknowledges that Pte Farr was not a coward but an extremely brave man. Having fought for two years practically without respite in the trenches, he was very obviously suffering from a condition we now would have no problem in diagnosing as post-traumatic stress disorder, or 'shell shock' as it was known in 1916."

Janet Booth, Pte Farr's 63-year-old granddaughter, said: "We don't know if it's a full or a conditional pardon yet.I'm so happy for my mother and for everyone."

The family had been appealing against a High Court decision not to grant a conditional pardon posthumously. In 1998, John Reid, then Armed Forces minister, turned down calls for executed soldiers to be pardoned. Again, in June 2004, the then Defence Secretary, Geoff Hoon, refused to grant a pardon to Pte Farr, but the family sought a judicial review.

Earlier this year it emerged that Mr Reid, as Defence Secretary, was reconsidering the decision.

In June this year, the Ministry of Defence said that Mr Browne, who had expressed sympathy for the cause before taking over as Defence Secretary in May, was prepared to look at Pte Farr's case in the wider context of the whole posthumous pardon issue.

Last night, Mr Browne announced that all soldiers would be pardoned.

"I do not want to second guess decisions made by commanders in the field, but circumstances were terrible," he said. "I believe it is better to acknowledge injustices were clearly done in some cases, even if we cannot say which ­ and to acknowledge that all these men were victims of war. " It was not clear whether those shot for murder would be included in the pardon.

Farr case opens way for First World War victims

Following the pardon of Pte Harry Farr, Secretary for Defence Des Browne has said he will issue a group pardon for the 306 soldiers shot at dawn for alleged desertion and cowardice in the First World War

These soldiers include Pte Thomas Highgate from the Royal West Kent Regiment, the first British soldier to be convicted of desertion and executed during the First World War.

On 8 September, 1914 his trial took place. He was not provided with a " Prisoner's Friend" (defending officer).

Another soldier, Pte William Nelson, from the Durham Light Infantry, was shot at the age of 20. He deserted the Army three time.

At the court martial, he said he had left for the night hoping to get sleep and intended to return to the Army in the morning. "My father is a prisoner in Germany," he said. "My mother died while I was still in England, leaving my sister aged 13 and my brother aged 10. I am the only one left. I had to leave them in charge of a neighbour. I had no intention of deserting"

His defence did not receive sympathy. On 11 August 1916, he was shot at dawn.

Bron: The Independent online
Niwde

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 Aug 2006 14:53    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Gerechtigheid. De uitwerkingen van het PTS syndroom worden nog steeds slecht onderkend en onderschat, ook in eigen land (bv. Bosnië en Libanon veteranen).
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage
Yvonne
Admin

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 Aug 2006 4:13    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

(LONDON) - Private Harry Farr, shot for cowardice during the First World War, is to be granted a pardon posthumously. His pardon came as Des Browne, Minister of Defence, said all 306 soldiers executed during the First World War for cowardice and military offences would be issued a group pardon.

Browne said that the Armed Forces Bill will be amended . "Although this is a historical matter, I am conscious of how the families of these men feel today. They have had to endure a stigma for decades. That makes this a moral issue too, and having reviewed it, I believe it is appropriate to seek a statutory pardon," he said.

Private Farr's family have fought for 14 years to clear his name, arguing that the soldier, from Kensington in London, who was 25 years old when he was executed for refusing to fight, had shell shock.

The term shell shock was the 20th Century's reference for what would later be known as "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" Young men fighting in the trenches of France and Belgium suffered immeasurable losses and were allowed no quarter if their nerve failed them. France committed similar acts against their troops as portrayed in the recent movie "A Very Long Engagement."

American troops entered WW1 in 1917, saving England and France from the years long German offensive. In the process, England, France, Germany and other nations buried millions of their dead, literally.

Russia lost so many soldiers that it needs its own story to even get into it.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/august172006/british_forgives_81706.php

https://twitter.com/ForumWO1
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur mail Bekijk de homepage
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 Aug 2006 12:06    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Mijns insziens is de Shellshock uit WO1 gelijk stellen aan het tegenwoordige posttraumatisch stresssyndroom een anachronisme (wat niet wil zeggen dat ik de psychische problemen uit die tijd wil bagatelliseren)... Edoch, fijn dat het toch gelukt is!

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 Aug 2006 12:48    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Krijgt nu iedereen die gefusilleerd is eerherstel? Ik neem aan dat er ook wel soldaten 'terecht' zijn bestraft voor lafheid en die geen shellshock hadden. Of dat dan de doodstraf had moeten zijn is natuurlijk de vraag.
Naar boven
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 Aug 2006 14:24    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Chris @ 18 Aug 2006 13:48 schreef:
Krijgt nu iedereen die gefusilleerd is eerherstel? Ik neem aan dat er ook wel soldaten 'terecht' zijn bestraft voor lafheid en die geen shellshock hadden. Of dat dan de doodstraf had moeten zijn is natuurlijk de vraag.

Een moeilijke kwestie. Je kan tegenwoordig onmogelijk bepalen of iemand in 1914 laf is geweest (en wat is "laf" eigenlijk?)... Dus als deze eerherstel krijgt, dan alle anderen ook, dunkt me.

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 Aug 2006 15:44    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Kees @ 18 Aug 2006 13:06 schreef:
Mijns insziens is de Shellshock uit WO1 gelijk stellen aan het tegenwoordige posttraumatisch stresssyndroom een anachronisme (wat niet wil zeggen dat ik de psychische problemen uit die tijd wil bagatelliseren)

Leg eens uit?
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur mail
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 0:41    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

dubbel, kan weg.

Laatst aangepast door Kees op 19 Aug 2006 0:42, in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht MSN Messenger
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 0:42    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

rolffie61 @ 18 Aug 2006 16:44 schreef:
Mijns insziens is de Shellshock uit WO1 gelijk stellen aan het tegenwoordige posttraumatisch stresssyndroom een anachronisme (wat niet wil zeggen dat ik de psychische problemen uit die tijd wil bagatelliseren)

Leg eens uit?

Het idee is vaak dat shellshock en PTSS een soort interne oorzaak hebben, die de symptomen veroorzaakt (eigenlijk zoals een bacterie TBC veroorzaakt). Helaas is het bij psychische aandoeningen niet zo eenvoudig. Hier is het (meestal, er zijn vast uitzonderingen te bedenken) zo dat er uiterlijke gedragingen zijn waar een "label" op geplakt wordt. Dit label is op zijn beurt niet inert. Het heeft weer invloed op de manier waarop (o.a.) lijders aan de psychische aandoening zich gedragen. Het een en ander betekent dat Shellshock en PTSS niet zomaar gelijk gesteld kunnen worden.

Ik hoop dat het een beetje duidelijk is. Smile
Gast

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 8:41    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Quote:
Een moeilijke kwestie. Je kan tegenwoordig onmogelijk bepalen of iemand in 1914 laf is geweest (en wat is "laf" eigenlijk?)... Dus als deze eerherstel krijgt, dan alle anderen ook, dunkt me.

Dus ook de moordenaars, verkrachters en van dat soort liefs!!

Jackie
Naar boven
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 11:00    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Jackie Platteeuw @ 19 Aug 2006 9:41 schreef:
Quote:

Dus ook de moordenaars, verkrachters en van dat soort liefs!!

Jackie

Hoe wil je dat nu nog gaan bepalen?
Gast

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 11:53    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Andere 'vergrijpen' zijn veel 'tastbaarder' dan het begrip 'shell schock'. Met de huidige stand van zaken had het inderdaad makkelijker geweest zulke vaststelling te doen. Maar zit in deze stelling ook niet een van de meest controversiele zaken: vonissen herbeoordelen in een hedendaagse gemoedsgesteltenis ?. Gevoelsmatig zou ik zeggen dat met de toenmalige gedachtengang van veel gewone mensen misschien wel was 'well done' voor zover ze uiteraard wisten van de terechtstellingen. Tenslotte was misschien een zoon, een echtgenoot verwond of erger nog gedood omdat een van die "lafaards" zijn eigen gang was gegaan.

Ook in de engelse publieke opinie is dit een zwart wit discussie, uiteraard voor zover de opinie zich daarvoor interesseert. Laten we niet vergeten dat een (kleine?) harde kern die zaak aanhangig heeft gemaakt. Opnieuw zitten we op dit forum op de angelsaksische rug. De engelsen kennen niets van aardrijkskunde, Haig was een ' butcher' enz. terwijl in een ander draad Willem bijna als een heilige word afgeschildert. Raar persoonlijk ervaar ik nog altijd de angelsaksische kant als de kant van de bevrijders. Zelfs tot tweemaal toe in de 20st eeuw.

Jackie

Laatst aangepast door Jackie Platteeuw op 19 Aug 2006 11:57, in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Naar boven
Jackie Platteeuw
Gast

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Aug 2006 17:32    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Behoudens het feit dat mijn laatste posting misschien door mij misplaatst geweest stel ik vast dat die verdwenen is. Is dit om een bepaalde reden of is die, misschien door mijn toedoen, niet verschenen.Of is het misschien weggenomen?.

Jackie
Naar boven
rolffie61

BerichtGeplaatst: 20 Aug 2006 21:29    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Kees @ 19 Aug 2006 1:42 schreef:
rolffie61 @ 18 Aug 2006 16:44 schreef:

Leg eens uit?

Het idee is vaak dat shellshock en PTSS een soort interne oorzaak hebben, die de symptomen veroorzaakt (eigenlijk zoals een bacterie TBC veroorzaakt). Helaas is het bij psychische aandoeningen niet zo eenvoudig. Hier is het (meestal, er zijn vast uitzonderingen te bedenken) zo dat er uiterlijke gedragingen zijn waar een "label" op geplakt wordt. Dit label is op zijn beurt niet inert. Het heeft weer invloed op de manier waarop (o.a.) lijders aan de psychische aandoening zich gedragen. Het een en ander betekent dat Shellshock en PTSS niet zomaar gelijk gesteld kunnen worden.

Ik hoop dat het een beetje duidelijk is. Smile

Nee, absoluut niet.
Mijn idee is juist dat de enige reden waarom je misschien de term anachronisme zou mogen gebruiken de terminologie is. Dat geldt bijvoorbeeld voor Shell Shock in WO1, Battle Fatique in WOII en het Post Vietnam trauma voor, nu ja dat mag duidelijk zijn, maar het gaat hier allemaal om ziekte(n) ten gevolge van de aanwezigheid van de patient op of nabij het slagveld. Toch?
Het unieke bij deze ziekteuitingen ligt volgens mij dat je juist hier bij de vaststelling uit kunt gaan van vrijwel dezelfde (soort) populatie van patienten (jonge, relatief gezonde mannen) bij hevige, levensbedreigende ervaringen die zich divers en niet alleen geestelijk maar ook fysiek kunnen manifesteren.
Dat maakt een vergelijk toch mogelijk waarbij de terminologie verandert maar de uitingen toch niet?
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur mail
BatterySergeantMajor

BerichtGeplaatst: 21 Aug 2006 8:56    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Ik ben het helemaal eens met Jacky.

Eigenlijk is dit eerherstel een vorm van revisionisme. Een "case by case"- herziening vond ik nog wel aanvaardbaar (op basis van juridische fouten bvb.), een algemeen pardon is ingegeven door het buikgevoel. Het is ook erg vrijblijvend.
Het verhaal dat er nog families lijden onder deze executies begrijp ik trouwens niet goed. Dat is toch maar hoe je er mee omgaat? Het gaat bijna altijd om derde generatie, dit lijkt me toch lang genoeg om de zaak met een beetje afstand te bekijken.
Indien men consequent is moeten nu ook alle burgerlijke doodstraffen met terugwerkende kracht ongedaan gemaakt worden. En hoever moeten we nu teruggaan?

Erwin
Ter herinnering aan Majoor "Willie " Redmond, parlementslid. Iers nationalist, militair en visionair politicus. Gestorven aan zijn verwondingen op 7 juni 1917 bij Wijtschate. Begraven te Loker in een eenzaam graf.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage
Yvonne
Admin

BerichtGeplaatst: 21 Aug 2006 9:22    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Jackie Platteeuw @ 19 Aug 2006 18:32 schreef:
Behoudens het feit dat mijn laatste posting misschien door mij misplaatst geweest stel ik vast dat die verdwenen is. Is dit om een bepaalde reden of is die, misschien door mijn toedoen, niet verschenen.Of is het misschien weggenomen?.

Jackie

Ik zie je post nu pas Jackie, nee je post is niet weg hoor, we laten alles staan en nemen geen berichten weg.
We zullen het maar aan het hikken van de server wijten, je plaatste ook al een dubbele post, dus iets was er niet in orde Smile

https://twitter.com/ForumWO1
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur mail Bekijk de homepage
Jackie Platteeuw
Gast

BerichtGeplaatst: 21 Aug 2006 20:38    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Yvonne,

Bedankt. Zal wel weer het verkeerde knopje ingeduwt hebben zeker Confused

Groetjes,
Jackie
Naar boven
Kees

BerichtGeplaatst: 22 Aug 2006 15:08    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

rolffie61 @ 20 Aug 2006 22:29 schreef:

Nee, absoluut niet.
Mijn idee is juist dat de enige reden waarom je misschien de term anachronisme zou mogen gebruiken de terminologie is. Dat geldt bijvoorbeeld voor Shell Shock in WO1, Battle Fatique in WOII en het Post Vietnam trauma voor, nu ja dat mag duidelijk zijn, maar het gaat hier allemaal om ziekte(n) ten gevolge van de aanwezigheid van de patient op of nabij het slagveld. Toch?
Het unieke bij deze ziekteuitingen ligt volgens mij dat je juist hier bij de vaststelling uit kunt gaan van vrijwel dezelfde (soort) populatie van patienten (jonge, relatief gezonde mannen) bij hevige, levensbedreigende ervaringen die zich divers en niet alleen geestelijk maar ook fysiek kunnen manifesteren.
Dat maakt een vergelijk toch mogelijk waarbij de terminologie verandert maar de uitingen toch niet?

Psychische aandoeningen zijn niet hetzelfde als gewone (geen waardeoordeel) ziektes. Er is niet een eenduidige oorzaak te vinden voor psychische aandoeningen, zoals een bacterie oid. Zo kan je bij gewone ziektes zeggen: "Ziekte A en ziekte B worden allebei veroorzaakt door organisme X, dus ze zijn eigenlijk hetzelfde."
Een psychische aandoening is een over het algemeen een verzameling symptomen die op elkaar lijken en/of dezelfde behandeling behoeven. Dit maakt een boel verschil, maar het relevantste is dat het label dat op de patiënt geplakt wordt invloed heeft op het gedrag van die patiënt (of cliënt, zo je wil). Hier ligt dat dus niet zo eenvoudig als bij gewone ziektes.

Ik ben trouwens wel met je eens dat het vergelijkbare aandoeningen zijn, maar hetzelfde zijn ze niet. Vergeef me voor het gemierenneuk, maar ik zit een beetje teveel in deze materie. Smile
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: