Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

Britse Admiraliteit-Introduction to the Admiralty

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Zeeoorlog Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Yvonne
Admin

BerichtGeplaatst: 29 Jul 2015 19:46    Onderwerp: Britse Admiraliteit-Introduction to the Admiralty Reageer met quote

Introduction

Naval history tends to be seen in terms of ships, battles and sometimes heroes, and Naval-History.Net is no different in this regard. My first hint that there is more to World War 1 at sea was working on awards of the Orders of the British Empire to realise that many of them went to the staff of Admiralty and Government departments, both naval and civilians. Having worked in large corporations, it got me thinking about the organisation and bureaucracy of the British Admiralty and the role it played. My appetite was whetted when I discovered that Admiral Jellicoe's "The Crisis of the Naval War" included a long appendix on the organisation and staffing of major Admiralty departments at four periods - listed in Contents.

It seemed time to look beyond the ships and battles to the organisation that lay behind them. A start has been made by extracting the Admiralty and Admiralty-related bodies listed in the officially published Navy Lists. (Personnel and Ship information is not included). These start prewar in August 1913, jump to August 1914, and through the relatively unchanged structures of January 1914, 1915 and 1916, to the major changes of 1917 and 1918, to conclude with the bodies retained as of January 1920.

This will hopefully be the start of more research into the British Admiralty and commanding Admirals of World War 1.

Lees verder:
http://www.naval-history.net/WW1NavyBritishAdmiraltyPart01.htm

https://twitter.com/ForumWO1
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht Verstuur mail Bekijk de homepage
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Zeeoorlog Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: