Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

25 April
Ga naar Pagina Vorige  1, 2

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Wat gebeurde er vandaag... Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 24 Apr 2011 22:49    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

PUNCH, OR THE LONDON CHARIVARI, Vol. 152, April 25th, 1917.

TO FRANCE.
If so it be for every generous thought
Spring scents are sweeter yet.
For every task with high endeavour wrought
Earth's gems are fairer setó
Primrose and violet;

If for each noble dream in dormant seed
The life-spark stirs and glows;
If for the fame of each heroic deed
Some bloom the lovelier growsó
White lily or red rose;

Then, France, thou shouldst be lavish of thy flowers
For all our dead and thine,
And for all women's tears, or thine or ours,
Put forth some tender signó
Heartsease or eglantine.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15064/15064-h/15064-h.htm

"Omdat ik alles beter weet is het mijn plicht om betweters te minachten."
Marcel Wauters, Vlaams schrijver en kunstenaar 1921-2005

Laatst aangepast door Percy Toplis op 25 Apr 2018 9:21, in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 24 Apr 2011 23:06    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Letters between Sylvester and Eva, April 1919

Poitiers, France, 25 April, 1919

Dearest,

Today I read in the Stars and Stripes that the 29th, Sgt. Davidson's division, had been put several weeks ahead of its sailing schedule. I knew over two months ago that they were scheduled to go in June, and so was surprised enough to find the announcement today that it could probably be all sailed before the end of April. I expect your friend will be much pleased to have her husband coming home so much sooner. This week's sailing list was a record breaker, and I surely got violently homesick after reading it. Still the weeks go by without a sign of a Motor Transport Corps outfit on the lists, or any of the Trains, such as mine, which were loaned to the Motor Transport Corps. The Trains who are with their Divisions are all going but not the poor mongrel detached ones like me, yet. As I wrote the other day, our present chances look like June. Signs continue to point to it, and even John Achorn, with whom I have a fairly sizable bet that we'll go before August, is beginning to concede that it looks like June, and the loss of his bet. I might say that he's perfectly willing to lose his bet to get home.

Will I ever get rid of inspectors? That Lieut. Colonel is still hanging around. I steered him off this morning but I expect he'll be around for an all-day visit tomorrow. I am going to try and arrange and be absent, though. I've signed up for about 40 odd motor vehicles today, gone over all papers and office equipment in the M.T. office with Lieut. Wilson, and now have everything taken over except the gas and oil station, which will be accomplished tomorrow, if we elude the inspector. I think inspectors must think this a nice city to visit, they come down here, so many and so often.

An engineer company whose office is in the same room with me, got its orders to go on embarkation camp on May 10, today. I'd like to know what it feels like to get such a telegram.

Goodnight, and pleasant dreams. I love you and long for you, Eva.

Your Sweetheart.

Good morning dear. Love and a kiss to try and start the day right. Sylvester.

http://www.cromwellbutlers.com/sbel0419.htm

Naar boven
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 25 Apr 2018 9:19    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

25 april 1918 | Nieuwsbericht | Oorlog in Alveringem

Augustin Mousset is op 22 februari 1893 geboren in Ch‚telet, een stad aan de rand van Charleroi.

De ongehuwde zoon van Amelien Joseph en Josephine Ghislaine Longuehaleine raakt in de loopgrachten van de eerste linie in Boezinge zwaar gekwetst op het moment dat hij het terrein inspecteert dat door de vijand bezet wordt. Hij wordt geŽvacueerd naar het Belgisch militair hospitaal van Hoogstade, dat gevestigd is in het Gasthuis Clep. Hij overlijdt daar op 25 april 1918 om kwart over middernacht.

Het slachtoffer wordt op 27 april 1918 begraven op de Belgische militaire begraafplaats van Westvleteren, grafnummer 1126, en op 23 augustus 1921 herbegraven op de gemeentelijke begraafplaats van Couillet, intussen een deelgemeente van Charleroi.

http://www.oorlogserfgoedalveringem.be/nl/25-april-1918

Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Wat gebeurde er vandaag... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Ga naar Pagina Vorige  1, 2
Pagina 2 van 2

Ga naar: