Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

Concerns Anzac remains at Gallipoli neglected

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Regulus 1

Woonplaats: Jabbeke, Flanders - Home of the Marine Jagdgeschwader in WW I

BerichtGeplaatst: 14 Jun 2007 21:26    Onderwerp: Concerns Anzac remains at Gallipoli neglected Reageer met quote

The Commonwealth is under pressure to do more to protect the remains of ANZAC troops killed at Gallipoli, after more bones recently came to the surface after heavy rain.

Turkish authorities were criticised in 2005, after roadworks near Anzac Cove unearthed human remains.

But a Heritage Officer with the National Trust, Dr Peter Dowling, says he found more remains in another section of the battlefield adjacent to one of the area's main access roads.

"They probably came from the same individual, from the same soldier, and these were just eroding out of the slope next to the road, and they were quite visible," he said.

Dr Dowling is worried that any future roadworks will disturb unmarked graves.

"There's an almost 100 per cent likelihood that any excavation, any roadworks in that area is going to uncover and disturb human skeletal pieces," he said.

"On one side of the road they would be Anzac troops, and on the other side of the road they would be Turkish soldiers."

Dr Dowling is worried human remains may be souvenired.

"We're talking about the disposal of the remains of young Anzac soldiers in this area, and I think they probably deserve better treatment than they're getting now, than just eroding to the surface."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1950255.htm
puck

BerichtGeplaatst: 14 Jun 2007 21:40    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Bizar verhaal ik , .hoop dat daar snel wat aan gedaan word.
Stel je voor dat zoiets in vlaanderen gebeurt [en dat zou kunnen denk ik/].
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht AIM Naam
ironmarc

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 Jun 2007 9:30    Onderwerp: Re: Concerns Anzac remains at Gallipoli neglected Reageer met quote

Vooral dit stukje:
Regulus 1 @ 14 Jun 2007 22:26 schreef:
Dr Dowling is worried human remains may be souvenired.

Mag hopen dat ze de velden daar goed ruimen voordat er verder gebouwd wordt aan wegen.
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: